How to recover payment transferred via Cheque

Hi all, In 2012 i have transferred Rs 6 lacks via cheque in my son account, we got that money from inherited property(total 10 lacks), at that time we not made any legal document between me mad my son..we r Hindu family. Now my question is how now i can take this money back.

Answers (1)

157 votes

to recover the money back from your son you have two options:
1. non-legal way is to ask him to return the money.
2. Legal option
you can send him a legal notice to start with asking for the money through a lawyer. if he still does not pay you you may file a suit for recovery against him in the court to recover the money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles