How to recover my investment documents and cash from my son

3 yrs ago I had given my son my savings (~20 lakhs) on the agreement that he would invest the money on my behalf (in mutual funds/ share etc) and would provide the fixed dividends/ cash payouts to me regularly. Since ~6-8 months, i have not received any cash/ payouts. My son gives vague excuses but i feel he is using the money for his own personal use. I have now asked him to hand over the investments/ cash to me, but he is not cooperating. I have begged &pleaded with him but it was all in vain.Is there some way which i can take legal action in order to recover my money/ investments from him?

Answers (1)

137 votes

You can definatly take recourse to the law in such a situation. You are at liberty to approach both, the crimnal as well as civil courts. You may file a criminal complaint case for offences such as cheating, misappriation, fraud and criminal breach of trust.

You can also file an application for maintainance from your son. A civil suit for recovery can also be filed. You could also approach the banks if the mutual funds are in your name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles