How to protect oneself when not able to pay back borrowed money?

Sir, i am a student and i my friend is mentally torturing me periodically because i had signed on a affidavit that i WL return her money before nov 2017, actually she seek admission in phd and i had some link in University, i told her that this much amount will be required for ur admission and she gave it to me via cheque and at the same day she asked me to sign on a stamp paper tgat i borrowed 1 lakh 60k rs from her. But unfortunately cbi raided in the University and thet took away the person behind the jugaad. I have returned her 70k anyhow selling my laptod DSLR everything. now she is asking me for her money whic i dont have and alrdy gave it to the person who get caught. I did my best sir, what should i do,

Answers (1)

57 votes

The act done by you was an illegal act, and as you have signed on the stamp paper, you have agreed that you took the money from her which is to be returned by you, you have no other option then returning the money back to her, or you can seek some more time and try convincing her the reason.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles