How to proceed to file bankruptcy.

Hi, I do not have a job from past 1 year, I have taken personal loan and used credit cards limit. Not able to repay. I do not have any asset in my name (property), except for a bike and car. Let me know how to proceed to file bankcruptcy.

Answers (1)

393 votes

1. Prepare your balance sheet – Bankruptcy is a legally acquired status and you will have to prove it in court. Court decisions are based on evidence and in this case evidence will be in the form of the assets and liabilities you hold. 2. Consult a legal advisor – Talk to an expert advisor on this matter. Advisor will study your balance sheet and explore the possibility of a court case victory. He will give insight about an individual filing or joint filing (with your wife) in case you are married. 3. File a Lawsuit for bankrupt status – Ask your lawyer to file a petition under the Provincial Insolvency Act and fight the case in court. Once you win the case, you will be deemed bankrupt and will be relieved from continuous hounding of creditors.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles