How to get back money from accused as police seize defaulter's account

Dear Sir, Kindly help me.A FIR has registered against a company for cheating.Now police seize their account.How can I get back my money back,though the culprits are not arrested yet.Is it possible to get back by applying in court.Please guide

Answers (1)

195 votes

Hi. Firstly you will need proof to show that your money was lying in the company's account and that the money was credited to the company's account from your account. You will also have to prove that the company whose account has been seized owed you that money i.e the company was liable to return the said sum to you. Only if you have such proof then you can file an application in court to release your money owed by the company to you and obtain necessary directions from the court to the police or the concerned authority which is having custody of the funds lying in the seized account.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles