how can i recover my money from my In-laws?

i have lended 5-6 lacs Rupees to my Father in law and Mother in Law. I do not have any proof regarding my payment. i have some people who can prove it. what step can i take against them?

Answers (1)

348 votes

You will need to pursue this matter by filing a criminal complaint as well as instituting a suit for recovery. However, your chances of succeeding in the civil suit would depend entirely on the evidence you can produce in court. Documentation is essential in such cases and oral testimony has little force. If you have paid the amounts through bank transfers then you would have something to build your case on. The criminal proceedings will likely proceed as a private complaint case.

You will have to approach the magistrate's court in your jurisdiction to initiate such proceedings as it is unlikely that the police would intervene.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles