how can i recover my money from my In-laws?

i have lended 5-6 lacs Rupees to my Father in law and Mother in Law. I do not have any proof regarding my payment. i have some people who can prove it. what step can i take against them?

You will need to pursue this matter by filing a criminal complaint as well as instituting a suit for recovery. However, your chances of succeeding in the civil suit would depend entirely on the evidence you can produce in court. Documentation is essential in such cases and oral testimony has little force. If you have paid the amounts through bank transfers then you would have something to build your case on. The criminal proceedings will likely proceed as a private complaint case.

You will have to approach the magistrate's court in your jurisdiction to initiate such proceedings as it is unlikely that the police would intervene.