×

quesGetting the money back.

I am Abhay from Gwalior. My dad has given some amount of Rs/- to one of his friend for few days and his friend had given him a cheque as security but it turned out to be fraud .then my father consult a lawyer and send him a legal notice. Now I would like to ask after how many days of sending that notice we have to register that case in court and what other thing we can do so that we can get our money back.

• ansIt's not clear whether the cheque given by him has been dis-honored and notice has been served upon him against that, if so, then after expiry of 15 days period you can file criminal case under Section 138 of N.I. Act.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only