Getting the money back.

I am Abhay from Gwalior. My dad has given some amount of Rs/- to one of his friend for few days and his friend had given him a cheque as security but it turned out to be fraud .then my father consult a lawyer and send him a legal notice. Now I would like to ask after how many days of sending that notice we have to register that case in court and what other thing we can do so that we can get our money back.

Answers (1)

75 votes
It's not clear whether the cheque given by him has been dis-honored and notice has been served upon him against that, if so, then after expiry of 15 days period you can file criminal case under Section 138 of N.I. Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles