Friend took money now refusing to return not responding

My friend and his brother has purchased smartphones on my Credit Card and promised me to pay full amount in 6 months but they have paid only partial amount and they still need to pay me Rs.19550/- I have complained to police and they have arrested him about 4 months ago and police said I will get summon from court but still not any summon I have got. I have prepared draft with all documents and visited to civil court but court denied to accept my claim by saying I must get lawyer. I dont have any money now to afford lawyer. I have heard about lokadalat. 

Ask your bank to block your credit card so that no transaction can be done by its use.

There after send him a legal notice and demand to make the payment. If he is not ready to make the payment then file a civil suit for recovery against him before civil court along with interest and claim damages also.