Friend took money now refusing to return not responding

My friend and his brother has purchased smartphones on my Credit Card and promised me to pay full amount in 6 months but they have paid only partial amount and they still need to pay me Rs.19550/- I have complained to police and they have arrested him about 4 months ago and police said I will get summon from court but still not any summon I have got. I have prepared draft with all documents and visited to civil court but court denied to accept my claim by saying I must get lawyer. I dont have any money now to afford lawyer. I have heard about lokadalat. 

Answers (1)

101 votes
Ask your bank to block your credit card so that no transaction can be done by its use.

There after send him a legal notice and demand to make the payment. If he is not ready to make the payment then file a civil suit for recovery against him before civil court along with interest and claim damages also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles