friend took loan and did not pay but deduction from my salary

hello, We group of 5 took a loan from bank i cleared my loan amount, but due to some reason one of my friend cant pay loan as he is ill and cant join the job. but that bank without informing or giving any notice they started deducting my friends loan amount form my salary. i was witness for him i agree but they must have inform and that friends is going to jion his job soon within 5-6 months so can we stop the deduction from my salary. I am a government servnt. i already has a housing loan and car Loan. after all deduction i get zero salary. can you help me to stop my friends loan deductn.

If you have signed as a witness, you are not liable to repay the loan. But, if you have signed as surety/guarantor, you are bound by liability to repay the loan even if the principal borrower is available for recovery or not.

But the bank needs to inform you prior on this