Final settlement pending with company since 2009. What to should I do?

My company is not paying me the settlement amount that includes my salary, my gratuity and my PF. I resigned in 2009. They’ve been delaying my money since then. I sent them a lot of mails to which I was never reverted to. 

I also contacted the main branch in Bombay who informed me that the Meerut branch does not maintain any salary accounts. What can I do now?

Answers (1)

140 votes

You need to send them a legal notice claiming your full and final settlement inclusive of salary gratuity, PF etc. within 30 days. If the said payment is not made within 30 days then you can initiate a recovery suit against the company claiming your full and final settlement along with interest and damages for the mental harassment. 

Please try to do this by the earliest as your claim started in 2009 and it is 2014. You shall also have to prove that your suit is within limitation as the period of limitation for recovery suits is 3 years.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles