Deposited money in bank. Now bank denying to return money as no files.

I deposited money in a bank in Bangalore from 1992 to 1996 and the bank changed hands. Now the present bank says that they have no files or document, even though, I have produce the proof, the bank still refusing to return my money.

I suggest you to first issue a formal notice to them and thereafter issue a legal notice through your advocate. Then you can approach a civil court by filing a recovery suit against the bank. you can certainly get back your amount if you have proper documents.