Denied to repay the money lent

I lended 50k to a person who was in need and took a cheque in return. Now he denies to repay the amount ,what legal action can I take against him ??

Answers (2)

281 votes

Present a cheque in a bank and if cheque is dishonoured than send him a notice for demand of payment within 1 month of dishonour of cheque and wait for payment till 15 days and if than also he is not paying file a criminal case against him within 1 month.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

It is simple put the cheque for encashment and if the said is dishonoured, then proceed under NI Act by primarily issuing a fifteen days notice and then by filing a criminal complaint before the competent court having jurisdiction.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles