Delayed Delivery of Software

I had appointed one software company for development of a software. Agreed duration of the project was 55 days. However even after a year, software is not ready and as per my estimate it will take more 2 months to complete. I want to recover the amount paid to him plus the legal expense which I will spend on recovery. Your view please.

Yes you can recover your money along with interest and you can even claim damages and loss of business. You will also get the cost award for your legal expenses. Kindly let me know if there is any agreement signed between you and the software development company. I shall be able to file a case for recovery if you provide me with the statement of transaction and few supporting emails requesting about the development software.