quesDelay in settlement payment. Bank deducted amount w/o notice. Options?

I was paying a settlement amount every month to HDFC which got delayed last month. The bank cancelled my statement right away and deducted some amount as well. I had to pay 25,000 out of which 14,000 was paid while 12,000 was deducted. They did not even call but deducted the money straight away.


However, the bank still quotes 25,000 as the pending amount. What can I do now?


  • ans


    The option available to you is filing a consumer case against the bank. This consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the civil court.


    With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the website which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint. Your complaint has to be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing, with a minimum of 5 copies.


    However, it is suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues with Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Recovery Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had made an agreement for handing over franchisee agreement where in the purchaser has…

I have a situation where I lent money to one of my friend who was…

in case some body has taken loan from bank and has submitted papers of their…

I takes education loan in 2007 to pay in emi.bank not informed me regarding emi…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly