court order to freeze bank account. Is it legal?

is it possible to get court order without filing law suit to getting bank account freezed .There is sufficient proof as well legal notice copy is available.

Answers (2)

256 votes

Dear Sir,
I appreciate the fact that you may feel very confident that you have a good case. However, kindly appreciate that you shall have to approach the court in order to get an order, as the prayer for freezing the bank accounts can only be an interim remedy and not a permanent one, even if you may wish to have the said accounts freezed only with the view to pressurize and or to harrass the other side AND even if you were not interested in the money in the account.

Whether you shall have to file a suit or any other miscellaneous proceedings shall depend on the facts and circumstances of your case. Once we have those details we shall be able to guide you in a more appropriate manner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

322 votes

yes it is possible for a registered financial institutions they can file a petition to freeze the accounts. first of all who want to freeze whose account. Are they are limited companies full details are required. with out details and facts of the case no opinion can be given

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles