Compensation for using our property

My neighbor is passing the drainage water to my empty land without my permission. I said him once not to pass the water to my land but he is not even ready to listen my words. May I get a compensation for using my land? And also how to stop his nonsense? And if I start a case how long it will take to finish the case?

Issue a legal notice to your neighbor not to empty drainage water into your land. If he refuses to listen complain to municipal corporation that drainage water has been emptied into your land by neighbor and accumulation of said water in your land will result in spreading dengue and other diseases, Also you can obtain an injunction restraining your neighbor from emptying drainage water in your land from competent court.