×

quesCompany took money for work. No work done. Office closed. What to do?

I live in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. I had applied for Tatkal passport trough GSK Travels & Conferences on 15-05-2014. They took Rs3100 from me and told me that it will take 2 to 3 days for appointment process and 10 to 12 days for complete work but till now they have done nothing.

Their office is closed and they not taking my calls. What should I do?

You can register an FIR against the company by way of a written complaint under the offence of fraud and cheating (Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code).

You can also file a recovery suit for recovery of the amount paid and damages and compensation for the breach of contract.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only