Company shutdown. Director says no money. How to recover salary?

I was working in a company. But the director shutdown the company without giving any notice and salary. When I asked for salary then they told me that they have no money. Once they will have then they give it to us. Can you help me in that because mine and my other colleagues salary is stuck since 2 months.


Please give me some suggestion and help as soon as possible.




You need to send a legal notice asking for your salary and other dues (basically full and final settlement) and give them a period of 30 days for making the said payment. If they do not comply with the aforesaid notice then you can initiate a recovery suit against the company for recovery of your dues. 


You can also register an FIR in the nearest Police Station for the offence of cheating under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

I have a flat in Rohini and my tenant has not paid the rent since one year.I want him to vacate my property and pay me the rent i.e. due.The amount of…

Read More

I am an MBA student. 1st October 2015, my law subject professor on WhatsApp said his brother is critical, and asked for help of Rs.4,000 and will retu…

Read More

I want to file suit against Nationalized bank, but before that i want to open an account "under protest" and deposit entire outstanding amou…

Read More

Sir I am employed in a company wefApril17.They have paid salary only for April and thereafter no salary has been paid. I am employed as a consultant f…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue