×

quesCollege removed my name for taking continuous absence for 5 days.

I am a student of ITI. Due to some emergency i had to take leave for 5 days. My name was struck off the college. But there was an affidavit signed in which it was written after absence of 10 days my name will be struck off, but they did it after 5 days. What can i do?

• ansDear friend, please try to explain the college authorities in writing yourself or through a legal notice wherein you can explain the conditions of affidavit etc. It is illegal on part of the college authorities to strike off your name for 5 continuous absents, against the prior understandings, as you said. You can opt for legal ways as a suitable remedy and there are similar cases decided by high courts in your favour. So filing a case before civil court is a suitable remedy.

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

District Court, Ludhiana, Ludhiana

• ansfile writ in high court and you will get your class back immediately.
    Good luck.

Advocate Kamal Grover

Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh

• ansDear client ' you have not written full facts of your case ' but as per detail given by you in your query you may file "suit for mandatory injuction "against the institutuion in civil court.if u want deatailed answer please send full facts of ur case....thanks

Advocate Kuldeep Singh Josan

District Court, Patiala, Patiala

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only