Can elderly mother remove son from her property to pay bank loan?

Can mother remove son from her own house to repay a bank loan which was taken against the said house. As she is old and have no other means to pay the debt.

How can she do it?

Answers (1)

356 votes

If the mother is the undisputed owner of the house then she can serve a legal notice to her son asking him to vacate the house.

Once the notice has been issued and a certain time period given to the son to vacate the house. His refusal to leave the house after the notice would entitle his mother to file a case for his eviction in the court

The bank can attach the property in accordance with the law if she fails in repaying the outstanding loan along with interest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles