quescan cheque bounce case be filed if cheque is stopped as goods faulty

I paid Rs.1.35 Lacs for a 2nd hand car. Paid 1.15 paid and had to pay 20k later. Brought car home and it broke down. Sent it for repair to the mechanic and then the owner said he will get it repaired. He got some parts changed but later the engine was disbalanced. Wen I drove car back, the oil leaked and car got heated. Showed it to service center where they said that the repair and some parts are faulty. I have now stopped the cheque of Rs.20,000 balance that I had paid to the owner. Can he file a cheque bounce case against me? How can I safeguard against this?

  • ans

    Regarding your first query, yes the owner can file a cheque against you.

    Regarding your second query you can send a legal notice to the owner asking for compensation for the harassment and financial loss within 15 to 30 days time.

    If he does not comply to the legal notice, you can file both civil and criminal case against him.

  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues with Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Recovery Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Meri MOTHER ke naam pe registerd property,unke expire hone ke baad mere FATHER ke naam…

I have sold my household items to one PG owner when i was shifting from…
Before 11 years back we had given someone 10 lacs Rupees on interest, from that…
court has fixed issues. I want to add one more which is deciding factor and…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>