quesBusiness closed on salary day after working for a month. What remedy?

I worked with a person who had his own independent business and he took work from us for more than a month. As soon as the salary day came, he closed his business and is now not accepting to give us our salaries.


We didn't get our conveyance also. Kindly give us a solution.


  • ans


    I understand that you worked for a person who took work from you but did not give you any salary. Did he issue you any written contract for your services / or an appointment letter of your role in his company?


    I understand that the person owned a business. Now if you have the proofs of his closed business and some proofs that you worked for his business then you can definitely file a petition in the labor court seeking for your labor rights. In case you do not have any job appointment letter or any conditions or any written contract, you may get only the conveyance and the compensation for your harassment which may equal to your 1 month salary.


    If you have a proof of employment like a contract or an appointment letter and you can prove that you worked for a month (emails exchanged / attendance record / etc.) you may file a recovery suit for your entire month's salary along with the overhead expenses made by you like conveyance, etc.


    You can also file a Criminal suit against him but first you need to inform the local police authority through a written complaint. After that you can file a criminal suit under section CRPC 200 and IPC 420.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues with Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Recovery Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Respected sir / madam, Our money has been blocked in a bogus scam called CRB…
I have taken study loan from sbt .but i didnt got any proper job so…

Dear Sir /Madam As my brother took loan from government bank and my father gave…

i have been harassed by some one who claimed as bank manager of barclays bank,…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>