Builder refused to return my money how can i recover it

Paid full Smt of property to ACRON when I was in Switzerland. When I arrived in Goa and saw the site and construction, decided to opt out of the sale. I received from them an Allotment Letter and Receiot of Payment. They refuse to refund me until they sell the property. Is this normal? Unfamiliar with Indian law, they say it is normal. I am losing money on interest and can't invest elsewhere as my funds are blocked with them. I did not defraud. Need advice as they can end up telling me anything

Answers (1)

254 votes

You are entitled to the return of money. You can sent the builder a legal notice and if he does not reply then you may move to the consumer court.

Therefore you are required to file a complaint in consumer forum depending upon the pecuniary and territorial jurisdiction. However if you want the possession of flat then you'll have to pray accordingly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles