Broker lied about the shop. Unable to get refund from builder. Remedy?

I booked a shop in Gurgaon through a broker. The broker told me that there will not be any PLC charges on the shop & I gave a cheque of Rs. 4 lacs for booking. 

After two months, at the time of final payment in the office of the Builder Company, I came to know that there is a PLC of Rs. 6 lacs on the shop. 

Now I want to cancel the shop, but the Builder Company is not returning my money. I don't have any document, but I recorded all the calls of broker. 

Now the broker is not answering my calls. Please help.

Answer

It appears to be a clear case of mis-representation. Assuming that you have not signed any agreement / application for including PLC charges, a Legal notice to the Real Estate Company and the Broker can be issued at an initial stage.

Thereafter, in the event of no response from the opposite party, we can file a Consumer Complaint before the competent District Consumer forum in this regards seeking compensation and interest on the amount paid to them.