Broker lied about the shop. Unable to get refund from builder. Remedy?

I booked a shop in Gurgaon through a broker. The broker told me that there will not be any PLC charges on the shop & I gave a cheque of Rs. 4 lacs for booking. 


After two months, at the time of final payment in the office of the Builder Company, I came to know that there is a PLC of Rs. 6 lacs on the shop. 


Now I want to cancel the shop, but the Builder Company is not returning my money. I don't have any document, but I recorded all the calls of broker. 


Now the broker is not answering my calls. Please help.




It appears to be a clear case of mis-representation. Assuming that you have not signed any agreement / application for including PLC charges, a Legal notice to the Real Estate Company and the Broker can be issued at an initial stage.


Thereafter, in the event of no response from the opposite party, we can file a Consumer Complaint before the competent District Consumer forum in this regards seeking compensation and interest on the amount paid to them.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

My father had transferred around 2 lakh to the person who had promised him to gave pension plan of some company. all transaction is happens through NE…

Read More

In court I had settle a case n the accused accept to pay me 1 cheque per year(total 8 cheques) from year 2010...As he is my relative in 2013 he asks m…

Read More

I had taken a loan of 50,000 three yrs ago from a friend.. i had agreed to pay 4000 monthly intrest but it was not mention in the legal paper that i h…

Read More

Dear Sir, me and my friend was working in dubai uae. I have given Rs25 lacs equivalent of UAE dirham to my friend in cash as short term hand loan in c…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue