quesBooked a plot, project not reliable. What action against builder?

I booked a plot in Rajasthan in Dec 12. No BBA has been signed yet and neither the delivery has happened till date as the project is not yet bankable. Police advised to FIR in court. What legal action can I take against the builder? Shall I go to Consumer Court or get the FIR done in Court?


Under which Court will this case fall as plot site is Rajasthan and they have just opened an office in Haryana. They have not updated any Director or Fax details on their website and neither shared the same with us despite various follow ups.


Does it attract any section under IPC? 


  • ans


    You can initiate both civil as well as criminal action simultaneously.


    With respect to civil action, you can go to the Consumer Court and file a complaint or you can file a recovery suit against the builder claiming your money back.


    With respect to criminal action, you should register a written complaint and get the FIR registered. The Sections involved in this are: Section 420 and 406. 120 B shall only come into picture if there is a criminal conspiracy between 2 or more entities. You cannot register a complaint for criminal conspiracy only against one person / entity.


    With respect to jurisdiction, the territorial jurisdiction lies in the Court where either the property is situated or where the defendant resides. 


    Therefore, the jurisdiction shall lie in Rajasthan as the property is situated in Rajasthan as well as Haryana if the said office is the registered office of the builder.



  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had taken a mortgage loan in 2008 from Rajasthan Corporation against a property. I…

My Client and I had a contract with termination clause. As per termination clause he…

I have availed a gold loan from Muthoot Finance. I was unable to pay the…

I have do guaranty of my relative in a finance co.my relative gave no emi.company…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly