Award passed by labor court. No compensation yet. How to get it?

Award were passed in the labor court. No compensation as per the award. What should i do to get my compensation?

Answers (3)

205 votes

You can file an application before the Court to execute the order. The court will issue order and get money for you. In legal terms it is called to file an execution petition. This is a routine type application and the court will assist you to get money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

On the face of it you may challenge the award for not providing for compensation. However, the award will have to be thoroughly studied before any assessment is made of the legal options available to you.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
201 votes

There are 2 options available to you as per the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947. You can either file an execution petition before the Civil Court under Section 11(10) or prefer an application under Section 33C(1) before the Deputy Labour Commissioner to execute the Award. If the relief in your favour is only monetarily then I would advise you to go with the second option since the scope of the execution proceedings under section 11(10) of the Act is much wider, as it relates to execution of an Award wherein varied kinds of reliefs may have been granted such as reinstatement, promotion, etc. However, section 33C(1) can be invoked where the Award grants any monetary relief to the applicant.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles