All dues are clear new recovery agents are harassing for same amount

On 26/06/2009 I had a Barclays bank recovery person to whom I paid the amount of Rs. 7970/-. This was the final installment which he had asked us to pay for settling the card dues. Now after 6 years a new recovery agent is harassing me, my sister and her husband for the outstanding payment. The settlement letter was to be sent to me by Barclays bank which I've not received. I'm not going to pay a single rupee to these people. What should be my next action?

The Reserve bank of India and the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India have strictly prohibited use of threatening/intimidating methods by the recovery agents of the banks. You can approach the Police Authorities for help by filing an appropriate criminal complaint against the recovery agent and the bank authorities. Pls. also issue a legal notice to the bank requesting it to issue you the settlement letter and to desist from the illegal recovery methods. If the bank does not respond positively, you can also file a civil suit against the bank in the court of law.