All dues are clear new recovery agents are harassing for same amount

On 26/06/2009 I had a Barclays bank recovery person to whom I paid the amount of Rs. 7970/-. This was the final installment which he had asked us to pay for settling the card dues. Now after 6 years a new recovery agent is harassing me, my sister and her husband for the outstanding payment. The settlement letter was to be sent to me by Barclays bank which I've not received. I'm not going to pay a single rupee to these people. What should be my next action?

Answers (1)

290 votes

The Reserve bank of India and the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India have strictly prohibited use of threatening/intimidating methods by the recovery agents of the banks. You can approach the Police Authorities for help by filing an appropriate criminal complaint against the recovery agent and the bank authorities. Pls. also issue a legal notice to the bank requesting it to issue you the settlement letter and to desist from the illegal recovery methods. If the bank does not respond positively, you can also file a civil suit against the bank in the court of law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles