Wrongfully obtained NOC for obtaining property

Sir, My grand father has got 5 acers land under freedom fighters quota in 1992 he has expired in 2001 after his death we didn't got the land transfered on our name.my grand father has two sons my father and one younger son.my fathers brother asked me to sign NOC to get land transfered on his name. I trusting him signed the noc without informing my father please advice me

Answers (2)

304 votes

your father can claim share in the property by filing a suit as if your grand father died intestate and you can claim share by birth and with regard to NOC mere mutation of property wont effect the right of share in property it is saved by Article 134 of Limitation Act

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

298 votes

It is your father who is having the authority to sign and give NOC how and in which capacity you have signed ? Tell your father to write a letter to the concern department bringing to their knowledge as he is also one of the legal heir and he is also entitle for a share in the land . You can also ask your father to file a case for partition.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles