Won case filed for possession of property from my brother

I have won the case in my suit filed against my brother for possession of property which was bequeathed to me from my late unmarried sister. What should be the next course of action? My lawyer has suggested that I should file a caveat in the high court in case my brother goes for appeal. Is this correct?

Answers (3)

72 votes

Yes it is correct.
But you should file your execution petition before the same court who passed judgement in your favour and if will file the caveat before the High Court then you will also be able to appear on notice before the High Court and court will not pass any order without hearing you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

296 votes

First of all congratulations to u for winning the case n secondly ur lawyer is right if he is suggesting u to file caveat in high court n secondly if the property bequeathed to u is a agricultural property then u must get ur name registered in the revenue records in place of ur late sister by way of mutation proceedings n if it is a residential property then get ur name transferred in the house tax records in the municipal corporation of ur city.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
288 votes

If High Court is the first appellate court then caveat would be relevant or else it is of no use. Also, file for the execution of the decree as soon as possible, that would be the next resort and the most important for you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles