Who is liable for maintenance of terrace

I stay at 3rd floor and the 4th floor owner owns a open terrace.There is a damage in his open terrace due to which we are facing a leakage issue in my house. Am i liable to pay anything to repair the open terrace as per the Byelaw? As the 4th floor owner is asking me to pay 50% to repair his terrace . Is it valid as per the law ? If not what action can i take as per the law .

Hello,

That depends on what the Bye Laws of your Society say for such a scenario. Kindly first see if there is any mentioning of such kind of scenario in your Soceity By Laws and if the By Laws are silent on such topic, then it is General Practice that the cost of the repairs has to be beared by both the Parties.