Who can claim on parents property and bank balance after their death

Our mother died 4 years ago and father is died in march'18. He made a gift deed of residential building in the name of our younger brother. Fixed deposit also made jointly with younger brother. Can we claim in property and bank balance for our share? We are total five brother and sister.

Answers (3)

115 votes

the bank balance can be claimed but the property is not claimable since it was gifted. but there might be a way out which can only be given after a face to face interaction and seeing the deed of gift.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

91 votes

As the deed was properly gifted so, the property goes in the name of your younger brother.
The Bank deposit is in the 'joint' account, it may be in'either or survivor' condition , so the banking law will not attract you. If it was the case that your brother is the nominee then you could have able to claim your share.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
92 votes

No. You cannot claim either residential property or bank investments. Your younger brother is entitled to the same and all the other brothers and sisters will get nothing. In case of further queries, please call.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles