What to do if the seller has not paid off his dues even after selling

I have bought a resale flat and all the registration has been but now at the time of possession, the seller have just handed over the house and asking me to pay all the dues such as electricity bill, property tax, maintenance, etc. which is not acceptable for me. Now the seller is not paying off the dues, so can i file a case against the seller for non payment of dues because as per agreement, it is the seller responsibility to clear all the dues. My religion is gujarati and the seller religion marathi.

Answers (2)

344 votes

First point I would like to tell you is that religion/caste has nothing to do with your case matter. Since the agreement is clear on the aspect of clearing dues, you have every right to claim the arrears from the seller, but in the mean time in order to protect your property, you need to first clear the dues.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

267 votes

Yes you can file civil suit, but before that check liability clause of the agreement. If it is clearly mentioned that all the pending dues liability is upon you in that case it is difficult, so kindly show your all paper to the Advocate and take suggestion.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles