What to do if the seller has not paid off his dues even after selling

I have bought a resale flat and all the registration has been but now at the time of possession, the seller have just handed over the house and asking me to pay all the dues such as electricity bill, property tax, maintenance, etc. which is not acceptable for me. Now the seller is not paying off the dues, so can i file a case against the seller for non payment of dues because as per agreement, it is the seller responsibility to clear all the dues. My religion is gujarati and the seller religion marathi.

First point I would like to tell you is that religion/caste has nothing to do with your case matter. Since the agreement is clear on the aspect of clearing dues, you have every right to claim the arrears from the seller, but in the mean time in order to protect your property, you need to first clear the dues.

Yes you can file civil suit, but before that check liability clause of the agreement. If it is clearly mentioned that all the pending dues liability is upon you in that case it is difficult, so kindly show your all paper to the Advocate and take suggestion.