What to do if the mother keeps making a will to her property secret

07-May-2023 (In Property Law)
Hi, my husband's mother has bought a property for 75 lac rupees in her name. It is bought from her own earnings. She wants us to give 30 Lacs to her so that she can give it to her daughter as her share. Then she says she will write in a will that the property will be my husband's after her death and she will also give him GPA. She wants to keep the matter of buying this house and making my husband heir to it a secret from her daughter. My worry is, my husband's sister will surely come to know and may file a case after my mother in law's death to claim a share in the property. How can my husband protect himself legally to keep this from happening pls? Thank you

Answer #1
If this is self acquired property of your mother in law she can will it to anyone she wants. Her daughter has no claim. Had it been ancestral property then your sister in law would have claimed it. Other option is instead of will your mother in law can gift it to your husband that way your sister in law will not dispute the will.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Don't give money now.. If u want can make a gift deed in favour of your husband by mother and give money to her.. Will can be made anytime only the latest will stand.. And will can be challenged in court for its genuinity.. Tell your mom law to give the property to your husband way of registered gift deed so that it will stand concrete.. For any query call me
Helpful? LawRato LawRato