What to do if father's brother is showing bad intentions with property

Hi, We are from Mumbai and my uncle with his family stays in native where we have some property including a old house. A year before my dad n uncle along with their 2 trustworthy nephews decided to divide the property equally to avoid future conflicts. While doing so both of them i.e my dad and my uncle agreed to whatever came to their stake. All this was done informally but written on normal paper and both of them including the nephews(as witness) signed the paper. Now after approx one year my uncle is behaving rudly with my dad moreover he also indirect saying that I have been living here for long so all this belongs to me, moreover he also asked my dad to stop coming to native and let go everything for him. Also his daughter in law said that my sister don't have any right of talking as she will get married someday and does not belong here. Can someone suggest me if and what action can we take against them ?

Answers (1)

Dear Querist, I presume that 'property and old house' means ancestral. First thing is get the property card of house and 7/12 extract of the land checked. If your grand father or anyother predecessor in title name appears, then your father and his wife, all son-daughters including have equal rights.

Talk to your uncle for entering name of your father (his descendants including you) and uncle (his descendants) on all records equally.

If they are not willing, to issue them a legal notice. And if no results file a suit for partition.

Rakesh V. Misar.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My father doesn't have good relationship with my mother and my elder brother is in my father's business. My father has taken some loan against…

Read More

There are 4 brothers . ek Bhai ne apna hissa apne Bhai ko sell KAR diya. Or dusre Bhai ne kisi or ko apna hissa sell KAR diya.ab his Bhai me pas 2 his…

Read More

I have purchase 2 katha of land from joint family members. Who are during the time of purchase agrees to share and separate the boundaries and out of …

Read More

There is property in my mother's name and i am the nominee. I have NOC's from everyone in family but one of my brother is not wiling to give N…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue