What to do if contractor sends legal notice for settlement

Some minor works are pending from my building contractor and we are entitled to pay 2 lakhs to him. Now he has sent a legal notice stating we have to pay 23lakhs to him. Moreover he has one set of house keys with him but the building possession is with me. Kindly guide me if i have to call him for a settlement or wait till he goes to court for settlement. For past 1month he has not doing any building work and he has not called us not sure if we need to ask others to carry out the remaining work. Please suggest?

Answers (2)

68 votes

1. Talk to a lawyer and reply to his legal notice.

2. Do not go for settlement with the contractor.

3. Let him find the grounds to file a recovery suit against you.

4. It does not matter, just because he has 1 set of house keys with him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

You can send a reply legal notice to the builder .if you are having any claim in the construction work or any other cliam regards to the amount which mentioned . It's better to send a reply notice to make good defence .for more details contact me

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles