What to do if brother is denying that we paid him money for property

20years ago my father and his brother bought a house together but few years ago they both mutually agreed to get separated and we gave him half of the money and he signed it his assent also but now he is saying that we didn’t gave the money . As we don’t have witness that we gave the money and we mentioned in the paper that we gave cheque but we gave in cash but he signed that we gave the money . What we should do now please help.

Answers (2)

56 votes

Hello client I have read Ur query.
As per which you are saying that Ur father and his brother bought a property together but after few years your father and his brother mutually agreed and decided to take his part of property in terms of money and taken his part from Ur father and he signed the documents and hand over his property you Ur father but now he is claiming that he have not got the money in return of property he has given to Ur father in this matter you need to immediately file a case of criminal conspiracy I'm court as well as other required steps.to be taken by you is must.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

312 votes

Firstly get the property transferred in your name from the L & DO office, then get the sale deed and title in your name and thereby file a suit for declaration and get the shares of the whole property transferred in your name. If he has consented to the document for transfer and have signed it then that means that it is your property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles