What legal action to take on illegal and unauthorised construction

I am a Muslim by faith. My father who is also a Muslim has started illegal and unauthorized construction on the property which he inherited from my grandfather. I would like to know can I file writ petition against this illegal construction? Please help. Thanks.

Answers (2)

334 votes

you can move before the concerned court against the illegal construction. but it might not be a writ petition. to provide you a detailed and accurate suggestion it is advised to you to have a face to face interaction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

220 votes

There is no legal provision under the Bengal Municipal Act to regularize the unauthorised construction. Certainly, the construction made without any sanctioned plan, is an unauthorised construction. Hence an unauthorised construction is a must to be demolished by law. Once you will have to intimate the Municipality that there has been unauthorised construction, it has to be demolished. If they do not do that, approach the Calcutta High Court and pray for demolition of the same. The Hon'ble High Court on many of my matters directed demolition of unauthorised construction. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I purchased an agricultural land 10 yrs ago at that time the land prices were slagging off and I got all the relevant documents viz. Jamabandi , Sale …

Read More

My grandfather has bought a land (1600 sq. Mtr) 50 years ago in the name of my father and uncle, at the time of my grandfather death which happened 40…

Read More

sir, my father had two younger brothers..Murthy and Venky. Murthy illegally transferred a building to his wife rajani from the third party which was o…

Read More

According to my site plan I have 12 feet common pasagae(which means I think govt land) straight to my gate but in left side on the way from the gate a…

Read More