What is the parent's share in deceased son's share of property

My younger brother has passed away and he has a property in his name. He is survived by his wife and two children. Both his parents - father and mother are alive. What is the percentage of share in the property?

Answers (3)

285 votes

From your question it is not clear what religion you belong. If you are a hindu, the property belongs to your brother have to divide into four. One part for mother, one for wife, and one part each for children.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

299 votes

It depends on whether it is self acquired or not . If it is a self acquired property then it will go to his class 1 legal heirs if there is no will. Normally one third will go to the wife and another one third will go to both children and the balance one third will go to the mother.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
308 votes

Your mother, your brother's wife and his two children alone shall inherit the estate equally. Each will get one fourth share. Your father being a Class II legal heir will not be entitled to any share.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles