what documents do i require to enrol my name in property card?

have a property in surat which was given to me through a will by my aunty. Im her real sister son. so I have a register will in my name. I want to sell the property but before that I want to add my name in property card or city survey etc. So my question is what are the documents require to enrol my name in city survey and other areas so that the title will be clear and what are the documents require to sell this property

Answers (1)

339 votes

Dear Sir,
You should take the original will to the office of the sub-registrar and give an application for mutation of your name in the property as its owner by virtue of the said will. You should carry proof of birth, identity, photo identity and the original will.
Once the said entry is done your name will reflect in form 7/12 as owner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles