What are the rights of a flat owner in building society

I am a flat owner in Varanasi. The inmates of my building have created a society which is registered. I wish to inquire, if the society has the right to cut off the basic facilities that are provided to the flat owner (like electricity, water supply etc) even if all the society charges are paid on time. If so, under what circumstances.

Answers (1)

295 votes

We need to go through the Memorandum and By-Laws of the Society whereby all the relevant clauses relating to operation of society and owner's rights are duly mentioned and if same is not there with you then apply for certified copy from registrar of society Varanasi, then further if no clause is given regarding owner's right and rights of society to disconnect water or electricity then in such case if society does something like this then a complaint can be filed before Registrar of Societies Varanasi against Society President and Secretary and also an FIR to the local police in name of President and Secretary.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles