What are the property right of a handicap child

How can a handicapped person claim his father’s property when his brother refused to give him his equal share? What can he do if his mother doesn't want to give him property share?

Answers (1)

239 votes

If the father dies intestate, i.e. without making any will, the property has to be equally distributed amongst sons daughters and widow irrespective one is handicapped or not. Have a dialogue with the other co sharers if they deny to do the same, give a lawyer's letter for mutual partition and demarcation of the shares, if not turns out to be fruitful, file a suit for partition and apply for injunction, if injunction is granted, the other share holders can not be able to alienate the property during the pendency of such suit for partition. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles