Want to sell rented rooms which is under Calcutta High Court

I have 3 rooms in a building in Burrabazar area for the past 70+ years, which is under Calcutta High Court now. Two rooms are in my grandfather's name and one in some other's name, but we have all the rent receipt of that room also. As I live in some other place, I want to sell those 3 rooms. I want to know whether I can be able to sell those rooms or not. Is I am in some legal trouble if I will sell the third room also, which is not in my name. Please suggest. Thanks.

Answers (2)

88 votes

who is the owner of this single room. Is your relative?
If you sell this all this rooms, whether actual owner claimed this rooms.
You just sell your grandfather's two rooms in Registered sale deed and another one you just give this possession.
Better you may contact with me...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

171 votes

I amo not sure what is the status of the suits which is pending in high court.
It is essential to know also whether there is any order of injunction on creating third party interest in the suit property.
If there is no such restraint order you can very well sell the tenanted premises proved you have enough title to do so.
This advice is given without going through the relevant papers which would have helped me a lot to advise further and in more proper manner.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles