Want to sell fathers property without my sister's consent

Respected sir, my father expired on 18th FEB 2015, and my mother is on my home. I have 2 small brother & 01 small sister and all are married. sister married on feb 1987, we have one plot in my father's name . we want to sell it .please advise me, whether my sister is legally eligible for father's property or not. if she file a case Whether she will succeed? father gave her a lot in her marriage & liquid money given equally after my father's death. & how to we sell it without my sister.. Kindly answer..

Answers (1)

266 votes

You can easily sell the property after mutation of the ROR. But if your sisters file case for partition and most importantly if they get the stay order then it will be impossible. Therefore, before they proceed, you get the mutation done in your name and sell the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles