Uncle wants to sell the property through POA when GPA is already done

We have a property with General power of attorney in my uncle and my name.This GPA is not registered till date because it's not done where property Is allocated.Now my uncle wants to sell his share through power of attorney.Is that possible?.If yes than what precaution or legality I have to follow so that there won't be any problem. Thanks

Answers (3)

101 votes

Hello , sale through GPAs are not legally appreciated after various supreme court judgments in this regard. However there are lot of other factors which are taken into consideration in sale and purchase of property in terms of legal aspect. For further query you may contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

211 votes

Hi, The sale shall not be considered valid as per supreme court judgment. after 2011 you cannot transfer property without sale deed which should be registered. t is thus clear that a transfer of immovable property by way of sale can only be by a deed of conveyance (sale deed). In the absence of a deed of conveyance (duly stamped and registered as required by law), no right, title or interest in an immovable property can be transferred.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
97 votes

Your uncle cannot do it . You need to sit for conference to evaluate and appreciate all these documents to explain you everything in detail. You should be very vigilant and take necessary precautions at the earliest. Thanking you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles