Uncle made a Will in my favor. Can sell that property without trouble?

My father's brother made a Will with respect to ancestral property in my favor. My father's brother has 2 daughters. If i plan to sell the property can those daughter's create any issue for me? Do they have right in that property?

Answers (3)

137 votes

What do you mean by ancestral property?
Do your father's brother have a valid and marketable title to the property?
Is your father's brother alive now?

Well if it was ancestral property,your father's brother has only limited share in the property so he cannot bequeath entire property to anyone of his choice, he can restrict his bequest only to his share.

Or if he is having a valid and marketable title then he can bequeath entire property on your name, it is valid and cannot be contested by any one including his daughter at any stage.

The will will come into force only after your father's brother's death.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

337 votes

Ancestral property you father's brother can not make WILL. Only for self acquired property WILL can be made. All the legal heirs of your father's brother equally entitled for share (in case of Hindu)

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
333 votes

If the Property is Ancestral in Nature, Your Uncle does not have right to execute a "WILL", his daughters also having right in that property. They may create issue and without verifying the document I cannot say anything more

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles