Transfer of deceased wife's property in brother's name

I want to know if my uncle has to register his deceased wife's property in his brother's name But he is immobile due to old age Is there a provision where someone can be called home to do the documentation?

Answers (2)

There is no need to transfer the deceased wife''s property to her brother because her property will go to her legal heirs and they only can inherit the property or transfer it to another person. Your uncle can do if his wife had given him a right by way of a will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

After the death of your aunt (uncle's wife), her property shall devolve upon all her legal heirs equally including your uncle, and their sons and daughters. Your uncle alone cannot sell the property to his brother.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

my brother in law is died due to some bad health,but my sister's financial condition is very poor ,she has a son of 11 years old,so can my sister …

Read More

We are hindus by religion.We are 5 sisters and 1 brother and our mother.My father expired 10 years ago and my mother and brother's family live in …

Read More

There is a property in the name of my motherinlaw who is no more. The daughters(3nos) are trying to take a major chunk of the property . How could tha…

Read More

I got married 10 years back . My wife is elder one having 1 younger sister and brother . I took 5 lacks dowry at the time of marriage. After my marria…

Read More