×

Transfer of deceased wife's property in brother's name

I want to know if my uncle has to register his deceased wife's property in his brother's name But he is immobile due to old age Is there a provision where someone can be called home to do the documentation?

There is no need to transfer the deceased wife''s property to her brother because her property will go to her legal heirs and they only can inherit the property or transfer it to another person. Your uncle can do if his wife had given him a right by way of a will.

After the death of your aunt (uncle's wife), her property shall devolve upon all her legal heirs equally including your uncle, and their sons and daughters. Your uncle alone cannot sell the property to his brother.