Structure problem in apartment

A. Structure problem raised in th e apartment constructed by me. A report was given by CSiR By paying an amount of nearly 14 lakhs with 50% share by both Association and me. As per the estimation even now iam ready to pay my share of 50% for the repair.This 50% share was made in a meeting held by the association and me. Now the association members are forcing me to pay the total share. Now they are giving bad propaganda through msgs and whatsapp in our town about the apartment. They met our collector and told in the exacerbated way. They mentioned the estimation amount in double to the media. Please help me to overcome from this issue. I am in bad condition but even then iam ready to pay my 50% share. Please suggest me the right path .In this life and death situation .

Answers (3)

164 votes

You are basically bound by the terms of agreement of the DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT/CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENT. The other details stated by you are secondary. As such you may be liable for civil/criminal consequences depending on the nature and gravity of such hazardous structure. Gather all your correspondence and original agreement than we can accordingly proceed to safeguard your interest,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

127 votes

You issue a legal notice that it was agreed in the association meeting and now they cannot revert back from the agreed part. Apart from the same, file a civil suit to enforce the agreed part by the parties. Nothing to worry about the media, You have to protect yourself.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
274 votes

if the problem is a common problem and the association is a registered one you can file a suit for specific relief under section 6 and 34 seeking injunction restraining them from forcing you and you can avail the legal right available as per the documents prevailed with you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles