Stamp duty to be paid in transfer of property by way of gift deed

If my Brother's wife transfer me a Plot through gift deed what would be the stump duty ? Whether she would be treated as a family member?

Answers (1)

237 votes

Hi querist,
It will be same as conveyance fee what I will suggest you to do is let the brother’s wife transfer the property to your brother(if your brother is alive) and on the next date transfer it it your name...which can be done in registry office if you have a competent advocate...we can help you provided you are ready to pay us... will be very happy to help you... contact us through Lawrato...

Regards adv Rahul

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles