Sister want to claim over father's property after his death

Father was bed ridden suffering from cancer before his death brother made a will in his name. He said his sister that all property belong to his name. Sister is not having any right of his father property?

Answers (2)

177 votes

Your father might have transfered the property to his son either by will or by gift generally. You have to be sure of it first.
A person suffering from cancer can make will/gift, but the question is what was the state of his mental and physical position at the time when he had made transfered or any undue influence was their is pivotal to know.
Becoming sure you can file a suit in the civil court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

You haven't mentioned any copy of the will you have got?? You have to file a partition deed. Or if your brother has obtained probate then you have to file a case challenging the will that the will has been obtained by your brother forcefully.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles