Sibling's right in other sibling's self earned property

I worked in Cruiseline ship and sent money to my fathers account, he bought land on his name he said when I come back I will write on your name now he says u need to give half of that property which I bought on my fathers name .?i worked so hard and earned that money, I sacrificed without my family there, and my brother did nothing, spending lavishly without any work. How it is possible my hardworking money property to my brother also that also half?

Answers (3)

It is unfortunate that your own father cheated you. Be that as may be there are options available to you to get back the land registered in your name. For that you need to issue a legal notice asking your father to come forward to register the property in your name say within a time frame of 15 days, failing which you can file a Civil Suit for the same along with proof of transfer of money from your account to your father's account.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You have not mentioned whether your father is alive or not. If your father is alive there is no issue for you because it was purchased in his name and it is his self acquired property which he can give it to you. But if father is not alive it is better to go for a compromise and get that half of the property because he might have purchased and he can claim that it is his money he used.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

With reference to your question in law Rato I would like to clarify the weather you have made sale purchase agreement or any agreement to show proof that you have bought the land on your money if so we can file suit for recovery the money and property

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Dear sir ...mere father k do bhai hai.sab milke 3 log hai..9 acre property hai Jo father k bade bhai k naam se hai. Abhi tak devide nai hue...ab humar…

Read More

My father has a property purchased by him in 1974 in his & his mothers name in Delhi. joint family of 3 brothers was living in that house.till 200…

Read More

We have 3 acres of land and we are 3 sibling 2 bother and 1 sister property is under my father and mother three months before my father died and now m…

Read More

We are 3 brothers and Father died without will. Father bought 2 flats when he was alive and one of them is occupied by 2nd brother. He discuss a parti…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue